Sad...Sad...yet I knew I was on the verge of letting go. I grew up in the 80's (old fart vent alert) so I had the privilege of experiencing the golden era of hip hop (think 1st two Tribe Called Quest records, Pete Rock & CL Smooth - Mecca & the Soul Brother, Diamond D - Stunts, Blunts & Hip Hop). Honestly I use to love the radio, we were all so spoiled!! I use to record the top 10 hip hop jawns and all! There was so much material that I thought it would last 3 lifetimes. Fast forward to 2011 and honestly, I have listened to De' La Soul is Dead so many times I'm ready to burn the mp3 (yeah unfortunately I gave up vinyl in 2002).
On the flip side, I have stumbled upon a genre that is well developed. I actually may sound like a cornball but, indie rock is dope (and for those who were already on it, I get a late pass)! I can actually work out & run to this tish!! Thank gawd for Pandora because it helps me "e-dig" stuff I never knew existed. From the stuff I'm feeling (The Strokes, French Kicks, Gran Ronde, Daft Punk, Phoenix, Snowden, etc...) it seems like indie rock really took off in like 1999-2004ish. Guess I was still caught up in the Rawkus Records, Def Jux, Slum Village last hip hop hoo'rah! So for now, I will continue to make these beats wishing I could have done this back in 96.
....but....for those who know me, I change my mind every 5 minutes....
Goo
No comments:
Post a Comment